UK oil and gas industry M&A deals worth US$1.75 billion in 4Q19
Published by Tom Mostyn,
Total oil and gas industry merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in 4Q19 worth US$1.75 billion were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 59.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 32.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $2.59 billion.
The UK held a 2.8% share of the global oil and gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $63.54 billion in 4Q19.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 33 deals during 4Q19, marking a rise of 17.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.9% over the last four-quarter average.
The top five oil and gas industry M&A deals accounted for 93.4% of the overall value during 4Q19.
The combined value of the top five oil and gas M&A deals stood at $1.64 billion, against the overall value of $1.75 billion recorded for the month.
The top five oil and gas industry deals of 4Q19 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Seplat Petroleum Development Plc’s US$596.68 million acquisition of Eland Oil & Gas.
- The US$415.6 million asset transaction with Stolt-Nielsen by CMB Financial Leasing.
- GeoPark Colombia’s US$314 million acquisition of Amerisur Resources.
- The US$280 million asset transaction with Energean Oil & Gas by Neptune Energy Group.
- North Star Holdco’s asset transaction with SEACOR Marine Holdings for US$32 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/refining/11032020/uk-oil-and-gas-industry-ma-deals-worth-us175-billion-in-4q19/
You might also like
Axens technology selected for two new gas treatment plants in Kuwait
Axens is supplying process design packages for gas treatment at two plants located in North Kuwait, whose EPC is managed by SPETCO and Jereh, respectively.