Hydrocracking is one of the major processes in refining converting, in presence of hydrogen, low-value heavy feedstock into high value clean fuels and saturated naphtha. It contributes greatly to the refinery cash flow and flexibility through the cycles and it is becoming an instrumental process for naphtha production as a premium feedstock for crude to petrochemical complexes.
With its latest 40th reference in high conversion hydrocracking HyKTM and its hydroprocessing catalysts manufacturing know-how over 50 years, Axens offers an innovative and complete set of solutions. In the last 7 years, 13 new references were awarded mainly on 2-stage hydrocracking configurations.
Regarding new units coming on stream, six hydrocrackers (HyK) have started up successfully over the past 2 years with a wide scope of configurations and feedstock type such as:
- Two full conversion 2-stage diesel hydrocrackers for maximum naphtha production.
- First reference worldwide for a full conversion 2-stage hydrocracker processing mainly straight-run vacuum distillate (SRVGO) along with VGO produced by the ebullated-bed residue hydrocracking units and deasphalted oil (DAO) from a SDA unit processing the unconverted residue from the ebullated-bed units.
- Two full conversion single-stage with recycle hydrocrackers for maximum middle distillate production.
- One once-through hydrocracker for Group III lubricants production.
Those latest references include the recent improvement of Axens’ hydrocracking offer by:
- Proposing high-performance catalysts: the ImpulseTM deep hydrotreating catalysts and the CrakenTM hydrocracking catalysts series which top performances are recognised by the market with the 100th reference obtained last year.
- Providing proprietary reactor internals EquiFlowTM.
- Optimising process scheme.
- Improving energy efficiency using spiral tube heat exchangers and therefore reducing environmental footprint.
- Performing survey and pro-active advice for an efficient operation thanks to Connect’In® digital tool.
“The increased market acceptance of Axens’ complete hydrocracking offer is a clear recognition by the market of our know-how and our technology performance. Continuously developed with an inventive spirit, it responds to refiners’ needs for flexible yield patterns and conversion of increasingly refractory feedstock” said Jacques Rault, Conversion & Clean Fuels Business Line Director, Process Licensing.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/petrochemicals/27052020/axens-receives-latest-hydrocracking-reference/