Total oil and gas industry deals for December 2019 worth US$37.6 billion were announced globally, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 204.9% over the previous month and a rise of 6.6% when compared with the last 12 month average of US$35.26 billion.
In terms of number of deals, the sector saw a drop of 3.7% over the last 12 month average with 182 deals against the average of 189 deals. In value terms, North America led the activity with deals worth US$17.88 billion.
The top five oil and gas deals accounted for 61.5% of the overall value during December 2019. The combined value of the top five oil and gas deals stood at US$23.12 billion, against the overall value of US$37.6 billion recorded for the month.
The top five oil and gas industry deals of December 2019 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Enagas, National Pension Service, The Blackstone Group, GIC and Universities Superannuation Scheme’s US$5.69 billion private equity deal with Tallgrass Energy.
- The US$5 billion asset transaction with Apache by Total.
- HC Holdings and Showa Denko’s US$4.51 billion acquisition of Hitachi Chemical.
- The US$4.4 billion asset transaction with Ecolab by Apergy.
- Lone Star Funds’ private equity deal with BASF Construction Chemicals (UK) for US$3.52 billion.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/special-reports/13022020/december-2019-saw-oil-and-gas-industry-deals-worth-us376-billion/
You might also like
Worley has announced that is has been chosen to develop the FEED for QatarEnergy LNG’s carbon dioxide sequestration facility, capable of capturing 4.3 million tpy of carbon dioxide.