Young Women in Energy (YWE) has announced this year's winners of the YWE Awards Program. Ten winners have been chosen from across Alberta by an esteemed selection committee of energy leaders. The award winners were selected based on their leadership, innovation, and a demonstrated initiative to change the face of energy.
"Judging by the caliber of this group of young women, I am confident they will continue to raise the profile of our industry and bring awareness to the great work that women are contributing to the energy sector," commented Katie Smith, Executive Director, Young Women in Energy.
This year's award winners are as follows:
- Ruth Amarilla Manager, Strategic Spend Management, ConocoPhillips Canada.
- Vicki Ballance Manager, Regulatory Affairs, Canadian Association of Petroleum Producers (CAPP).
- Pam Garden Senior Employee Experience Specialist, Enerplus.
- Tulika Gupta Analyst, Major Projects to Executive Vice-President, Suncor Energy.
- Oksana Kielbasinski Director, Sustainability and Risk, Integrated Sustainability Consultants Ltd.
- Vicki Lightbown Senior Manager, Water and Environment, Alberta Innovates - Energy and Environment Solutions.
- Kiely MacLean General Manager, RJ Oil Inc. and CEO; Director at RJ MacLean Tank Services.
- Rebekah Mohr PCD IT Security Team Specialist, Shell.
- Anamika Mukherjee Specialist, Air and Energy Efficiency, Cenovus Energy.
- Bailey Quaite Supervisor, Communications and Community Relations, CEDA.
"For a second year, the YWE Awards are recognising some of the best and brightest talent that Alberta's energy sector has to offer," said Allyson Simpson, YWE Awards Lead. "These winners exemplify the fantastic work that young women are doing as the industry evolves to meet new demands."
The 2015 YWE Awards were supported by a selection committee of today's energy leaders and the members of the committee were chosen based on their energy expertise and experience in mentoring leadership.
"YWE is working towards closing the gender gap and advocating for women in this industry by spotlighting their accomplishments," continued Smith. "Visibility and recognition will not only inspire and motivate others, but will aid in our award winners' progression to executive leadership positions."
The winners of the 2015 YWE Awards will be honoured at a Gala in Calgary on 22 October. The evening will also include a panel discussion, Women Leading the Way, featuring a number of high profile female leaders from the energy industry.
Edited from press release by Angharad Lock
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/refining/08102015/young-women-in-energy-award-winners-announced-1560/