Honeywell has introduced CyberVantage Managed Security Services to help its customers enhance their industrial control system (ICS) capabilities and increase protection against the growing threat of cybersecurity attacks.
The new services build on Honeywell’s legacy portfolio of cybersecurity managed security services offerings and add new security analytics, device management and regionalised support services.
According to Enterprise Strategy Group, more than 50% of companies have a problematic shortage of cybersecurity expertise, and industrial companies in particular require specialised capabilities to secure sensitive environments, such as live production plants and utility networks. This becomes even more important as industrial sites become more connected. CyberVantage addresses that need by drawing on Honeywell’s 50-year experience designing and engineering operational networks and over 15 years of delivering cybersecurity services that keep pace with evolving threats.
“We understand our customers’ challenge to reduce risk across industrial plants while rapidly transforming businesses to more connected environments,” said Mark Littlejohn, Director of Honeywell Managed Security Services. “CyberVantage Managed Security Services improves industrial cybersecurity capabilities, shifting customer security posture from reactive to proactive. We’ve added experts globally and expanded our service offerings to deliver industrial cybersecurity as the strategic partner of choice for plant operators.”
The new CyberVantage Managed Security Services has several benefits and offerings, including:
- New threat detection and vulnerability identification – Honeywell collects, monitors, alerts and reports on customer Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) log data, providing expert threat correlation and analysis in combination with an intrusion detection solution.
- New file transfer service – Honeywell securely connects and transfers plant information to customer-designated sites or to third-party cloud providers. The security and operational data can then be safely reviewed by experts to uncover plant productivity, reliability and availability insights. Honeywell site-to-site transfers provide added security controls and policies, as well as encryption, offering an alternative to less secure corporate intranet shares.
- New Singapore CyberVantage Managed Security Service Center – The new Singapore facility together with centres in Houston and Bucharest provide industrial cybersecurity expertise 24 hours a day for customers.
- Expanded security device management – Honeywell cyber experts help install, configure and manage security devices to support in-house engineering teams, now adding ICS Shield™ to existing firewall, IDS/IPS, Honeywell Risk Manager and Secure Media Exchange offerings.
- Expanded multi-vendor support – Honeywell cyber experts perform ongoing security services to manage across multiple vendor systems and multiple sites. Multi-vendor support is now available for interactive activity and trend reporting, secure remote access and support, automated patch and antivirus updates, and continuous security and performance monitoring.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/20062018/honeywell-expands-security-services/