ExxonMobil has announced it will launch Mobil ServSM Cylinder Condition Monitoring, its next generation cylinder condition monitoring service.
The company states that the service will drive a new era of onboard lubricant analysis. Designed to deliver significant cost savings for operators, the service will help manage and improve engine protection and optimise performance.
The scrape down oil analysis service leverages innovative XRF technology to provide operators with rapid, detailed insights for their engine, driving a range of benefits including the following:
- Safe, fast, simple and accurate onboard sampling process with minimal preparation and no wet chemistry - reducing human error and handling of hazardous materials.
- Scan-and-go technology for easy registration of samples.
- A cloud-based platform allowing customers to receive real-time reports on engine health and provide actionable insights within minutes of sample submission.
- Tailored lubricant recommendations from ExxonMobil’s datatbase of samples, benchmarking vessel performance by engine type and operating conditions.
- A detailed suite of reporting tools which charts the customer’s realised and potential savings.
By using Mobil Serv Cylinder Condition Monitoring, operators will receive recommendations on feed rate and cylinder oil to optimise engine lubricant consumption. This enables customers to act on recommendations quickly before they escalate into problems that can often lead to significant costs.
The monitoring service will also have the ability to measure the sulfur content of the vessel’s fuel.
“We have designed this next generation service to support our customers with the evolving challenges they face. Using the onboard service, they will benefit from accurate analysis of their engine’s performance in real-time which will help them make smart decisions and, ultimately, lead to efficient vessel operation,” said Pamela Skaufel, Director - Aviation and Marine Lubricants, ExxonMobil.
Iain White, Global Field Engineering Manager, ExxonMobil, added: “Vessel operators are under increased pressure to improve efficiency and drive cost reduction initiatives […] This next generation scrape down oil analysis service can identify issues such as over or under-lubrication, cold corrosion and the presence of cat fines. But crucially, this can happen quicker than ever before with our next generation service. Customers will receive recommendations that can be immediately addressed, allowing them to correct inefficiencies and reduce downtime that potentially lead to significant cost savings.”
Mobil ServSM Cylinder Condition Monitoring will be available from July 2018 and is the latest addition to ExxonMobil’s comprehensive global services portfolio, Mobil ServSM, launched last year.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/12042018/exxonmobil-to-launch-cylinder-condition-monitoring-service/