Reuters Events is relaunching Downstream 2020 as a free virtual event to help the downstream sector overcome the most challenging business environment in memory.
The Downstream 2020 online conference and expo, scheduled for 9 – 11 June, will offer more than 15 000 attendees access to 40-plus live and on-demand sessions from at least 150 speakers, giving the industry a unique opportunity to share knowledge and best practice at a critical time.
Downstream industry players that have reaffirmed their commitment to the event include ABB, Air Liquide, AkzoNobel, BASF, Bechtel, BP, Chevron, Dow, Eastman, ExxonMobil, IndianOil, P&G Chemicals, Phillips 66, Saudi Basic Industries Corporation, Shell and Wood Mackenzie, among others.
Attendance is free, with visitors able to book tickets from today at www.downstreamevent.com
“With oil prices at all-time lows and the COVID-19 pandemic causing demand to flatline, downstream players need to come together to chart a route through an uncertain future,” said Kerr Jeferies, Global Project Director for Petrochemical Update, the Reuters Events unit staging the event. He added: “It is more important than ever for there to be fluid dialogue between all those affected by our new market reality […] Running Downstream 2020 as a virtual event will ensure our experts can reach as wide an audience as possible, contributing to the search for solutions.”
The Downstream 2020 virtual event will include:
- Content geared to the downstream sector’s three core verticals: engineering and construction, operations, and supply chain and logistics.
- More than 150 presentation, panels, interviews and exclusive COVID-19 and oil price crash updates.
- A dedicated virtual meeting platform to facilitate one-to-one networking.
- Fully interactive sessions including live Q&As and audience polls.
- A unique virtual exhibition featuring more than 50 exhibitors.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/04052020/downstream-2020-relaunched-as-virtual-event/