Axens technology to be installed at Rajasthan integrated refinery and petrochemical complex
Published by Tom Mostyn,
HPCL Rajasthan Refinery Limited (HRRL), a joint venture company between HPCL and the Government of Rajasthan, India, has selected Axens to supply several advanced technologies for its state-of-the-art 9 million tpy integrated refinery and petrochemical complex to be built in Pachpadra Tehsil of the Barmer District, Rajasthan.
As part of the project, Axens will provide the following technologies:
- A naphtha hydrotreating unit (NHT)
- A semi-regenerative reformer
- A C5-C6 isomerisation unit
- A VGO (vacuum gasoil) hydrotreater
- A cracked gasoline selective desulfurisation (Prime-G+) unit
- A unit for the production of high purity 1-Butene through ethylene dimerisation (AlphaButol)
- A complete sulfur block consisting of a Claus unit, a tail gas treatment unit (Sultimate), a sour water stripping unit, an amine regeneration unit, and sulfur handling facilities
The scope of Axens’ work includes the supply of process books, catalysts & adsorbents, proprietary equipment, trainings and technical services.
“With these numerous technologies, HRRL will be well positioned to supply the market with cleaner fuels and also high quality petrochemicals for the coming decades”, said Jean Sentenac, Axens Chairman and CEO. “As a provider of technologies, catalysts, equipment and services such as training and technical assistance, Axens will support HRRL for this major project in India for a smooth and successful execution”.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/petrochemicals/08042019/axens-technology-to-be-installed-at-rajasthan-integrated-refinery-and-petrochemical-complex/
You might also like
Axens technology selected for two new gas treatment plants in Kuwait
Axens is supplying process design packages for gas treatment at two plants located in North Kuwait, whose EPC is managed by SPETCO and Jereh, respectively.