Universal mCloud Corp. has announced the launch of a new AssetCareTM solution under the banner of the 3D Digital Twin. This solution enables mCloud to take advantage of high-precision 3D laser scanners to create digital replicas of facilities along with a suite of capabilities designed to use these 3D models to streamline field work, minimise facility downtime, and eliminate unnecessary field visits.
Developed with the company’s customers for process industries such as oil and gas, petrochemical, and pipelines in mind, AssetCare’s 3D Digital Twin is now enabling a ‘connected facility’ where all teams can rely on a single 3D model for the operation, maintenance and care of a site. The resulting 3D scans created in deployment are virtual replicas of a facility, with every physical aspect of a site captured in detail.
- An entire facility can be examined on demand through a 3D ‘virtual walk-down’, which reduces the need to deploy teams to the field to carry out visual site inspections, especially valuable for sites at remote locations that may be difficult or expensive to visit.
- Teams can accurately document the current state of a facility on day one and easily keep this documentation up-to-date as conditions change.
- Precise 3D measurements down to a fraction of an inch can be made to prepare and plan for Management of Change (MOC) operations before activities begin on-site, enabling teams to get straight to work and minimise the amount of time usually needed to conduct site surveys.
- Critical performance and operational data can be linked in 3D to every asset in a facility model unlimited in size, providing teams with a convenient visual interface to monitor the health and performance of all process assets in a single view.
- Operations and maintenance teams can access 3D data anywhere and anytime via AssetCare Mobile on the hands-free RealWear HMT-1 and HMT-1Z1, as well as apps for the desktop, tablets, and smartphones.
The company expects the adoption of this new capability will be swift. Alongside this launch, mCloud announced that it is already in the process of onboarding its first 3D Digital Twin customer in Alberta, Canada, with other customer engagements in the works. Current AssetCare customers, including mCloud’s first oil and gas customers originally announced on 22 July 2019, are seeing up to 300% improvements in their maintenance response times through their initial connectivity to AssetCare – with further potential value to come from these new 3D digital twin capabilities.
“AssetCare’s new 3D Digital Twin solution enables teams that manage oil and gas facilities to get access to reliable, trustworthy 3D data about their sites,” said Dr Barry Po, mCloud’s Chief Product Officer. “With 3D, these teams can take work practices that used to take weeks or days down to hours or minutes.”
As announced on 10 September 2019, mCloud is aiming to connect over 150 000 oil and gas assets in the next five years.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/petrochemicals/03102019/mcloud-announces-new-digital-twin-technology/