This autumn, Chevron USA Inc, will be expanding its Fuel Your School program to 14 US communities. The program is designed to support education for local public schools based on the specific requests of each classroom.
Fuel Your School funding
In 2012, Chevron funded US$ 4.49 million worth of classroom projects in 9 US markets. This year, from October 1st – 31st, Chevron will contribute US$ to help fund eligible classrooms projects when consumers purchase eight or more gallons of fuel at participating Chevron and Texaco stations in the participating communities, up to a total contribution of US$ 7 million.
The STEM subjects
‘Effective education on the STEM subjects – science, technology, engineering and maths – can help prepare bright young students to be the engineers, geologists and doctors of the future, driving innovation and economic growth,’ said Dale Walsh, president of Chevron Americas Products. ‘Fuel Your School provides teachers with essential tools and resources, including hands on project materials that often do not receive funding from traditional sources. These resources are critical to spurring students’ interest in and understanding of the STEM subjects.’
Communities that benefit
The 2013 Fuel Your School program will help fund eligible classroom projects developed by public school teachers and posted to DonorsChoose.org in the following communities:
- Alameda and Contra Costa counties, Sarcamento County, Kern County, Orange County, select cities in the South Bay portion of Los Angeles County; California.
- Anchorage and Matanuska-Susitna boroughs; Alaska.
- Multnomah and Washington counties; Oregon.
- Salt Lake and Davis counties; Utah.
- Harris County; Texas.
- Jackson County; Mississippi.
- St. Tammany, Orleans, Plaquemines, St.Bernard, Lafourche, Terrebonne, Lafayette, Jefferson and Vermillion parishes; Louisiana.
- Clayton, DeKalb and Fulton counties; Georgia.
- Miami-Dade County; Florida.
Adapted from a press release by Claira Lloyd.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/29082013/chevron_fuel_your_school604/