According to the Portfolio Grader database, the grades of nine oil and gas stocks are better this week. All stocks in the list that is to follow have an A (‘strong buy’) or ‘B’ (‘buy’) rating.
Chesapeake Midstream Partners
- Moved up to a B, from last week’s C (‘hold’).
- Chesapeake Midstream Partners owns, operates, develops, and acquires natural gas, natural gas liquids, and oil gathering systems, as well as other midstream energy assets in the US.
Diamondback Energy, Inc.
- Up from a B last week, to an A this week.
- Stock price has increased 3.2% over the past week.
PVR Partners, L.P.
- Now rated B, moving up from a C last week.
- PVR Partners owns and operates a network of natural gas pipelines and processing plants that provide gathering, transportation, compression, processing, dehydration, and related services to natural gas producers.
- The stock’s dividend yield is 2.2%.
Carrizo Oil & Gas, Inc.
- Moving up to an A rating, from last week’s B.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas is involved with exploration, development, production and transportation of natural gas and oil, mainly in the US.
- The stock’s price is now US$ 55.16, aboce the 50 day moving average of US$ 52.83.
US Energy Corp.
- Up to a B from last week’s C rating.
- US Energy explores oil and natural gas.
- Up to a B rating from a C.
- Frontline owns a fleet of large crude carriers and Suezmax tankers that transport crude oil and oil products between ports.
Advantage Oil & Gas
- Rose from a C to a B this week.
- Advantage Oil & Gas is engaged in oil and gas exploitation, development, acquisition and production.
- Share price is US$ 5.86, above the 50 day moving average of US$ 5.23.
Cross Timbers Royalty
- Rating rose from a B to an A this week.
- Cross Timbers Royalty is an express trust in the US.
- At US$ 32.62, the stock is above the 50 day moving average of US$ 31.03.
- The current dividend yield is 2.5%.
Niska Gas Storage Partners
- Rating rose to a B from a C this week.
- Niska Gas Storage is an independent owner and operator of natural gas storage assets in North America.
Adapted from a press release by Emma McAleavey.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/19052014/stocks_to_buy_546/