Total oil and gas industry merger and acquisition (M&A) deals in 4Q19 worth US$1.75 billion were announced in the UK, according to GlobalData’s deals database.
The value marked an increase of 59.3% over the previous quarter and a drop of 32.3% when compared with the last four-quarter average of $2.59 billion.
The UK held a 2.8% share of the global oil and gas industry M&A deal value that totalled $63.54 billion in 4Q19.
In terms of deal activity, the UK recorded 33 deals during 4Q19, marking a rise of 17.9% over the previous quarter and a drop of 2.9% over the last four-quarter average.
The top five oil and gas industry M&A deals accounted for 93.4% of the overall value during 4Q19.
The combined value of the top five oil and gas M&A deals stood at $1.64 billion, against the overall value of $1.75 billion recorded for the month.
The top five oil and gas industry deals of 4Q19 tracked by GlobalData were:
- Seplat Petroleum Development Plc’s US$596.68 million acquisition of Eland Oil & Gas.
- The US$415.6 million asset transaction with Stolt-Nielsen by CMB Financial Leasing.
- GeoPark Colombia’s US$314 million acquisition of Amerisur Resources.
- The US$280 million asset transaction with Energean Oil & Gas by Neptune Energy Group.
- North Star Holdco’s asset transaction with SEACOR Marine Holdings for US$32 million.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/11032020/uk-oil-and-gas-industry-ma-deals-worth-us175-billion-in-4q19/