Agility Fuel Systems, a leading developer and manufacturer of natural gas fuel systems for heavy duty vehicles in North America, announced at the American Trucking Association's Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) Exhibition in Nashville, Tennessee, the launch of their new state of the art 2016 160 DGE Behind-the-Cab compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system.
This innovative fuel system from Agility delivers the most efficient package of any CNG heavy duty vehicle system on the road today. The new system is mounted up to six inches closer to the cab for improved aerodynamics and leaving more available rail space. Weighing just 2150 lbs., this brand new model is the lightest in the industry. Its compact design sets the bar in performance, durability and safety while also filling significantly faster than the competition.
This new CNG system from Agility boasts the following key features:
- Industry's lightest: coming in at only 2150 lbs.
- Compact design: mounted up to six inches closer to the cab, it offers improved aerodynamics and more available rail space.
- Fast fills: up to 13% faster fill ups than the nearest competitor.
- Increased durability: aircraft-grade aluminium structure mounted on rubber isolators to reduce stress on components.
- Reduced stress: neck-mounted, anti-tank spin design eliminates tank rotation that can stress fuel lines.
- Quality hardware: Geomet™ coated fasteners offer the ultimate in corrosion protection.
- Excellent finish: pretreated aluminium covers painted at Agility Fuels’ automated world class, automotive grade paint facility.
- Reliable: track tested for one million miles.
"Our vision is to transform the transportation world by designing the most innovative, clean natural gas systems in the market today to ensure a more sustainable future tomorrow," stated Kathleen Ligocki, CEO of Agility Fuel Systems. "Our latest product, the 2016 Behind-the-Cab 160 DGE CNG fuel system, offers our customers a unique value proposition in performance, weight, fill time, durability and aesthetics, well ahead of the curve in our industry."
Adapted from press release by Francesca Brindle
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/clean-fuels/01032016/agility-fuel-systems-launches-160-dge-behind-the-cab-2618/