Anticipating industry changes and responding to customer demands, international coatings manufacturer Hempel has announced the launch of two new pure epoxy coatings.
HEMPADUR 15600 is a groundbreaking IMO PSPC cargo oil tank compliant, pure epoxy tank coating resistant to continuous immersion in a range of chemicals, including crude oil up to 80°C/176°F. It delivers significant benefits not seem before in a single pure epoxy product:
- A two coat system which reduces expensive application times.
- More flexibility and savings to the yards – unlike most tank coatings that require a minimum ambient temperature of approximately +10°C/50°F, HEMPADUR 15600 can be applied at temperatures as low as minus 5°C/12°F.
- Fast drying and recoating time – surface dry after two hours and re-coatable after only four hours at 20°C/68°F, is substantially faster than current available tank coatings in the market.
In addition, this new pure epoxy coating incorporates high cross link density technology on level with a phenolic epoxy coating, which gives added chemical and corrosion resistance and a hard, smooth and glossy surface for easy cleaning.
Global Product Manager Micharl Aamodt commented: “IMO required liquid cargo tanks to be coated with a type approved compliant product and our customers wan a coating that delivers greater protection, more flexibility and at a reasonable price. HEMPADUR 15600 is the only product that can deliver that winning combination in a single coating”.
HEMPADUR EASY 47700
HEMPADURE EASY 47700 is a brand new pure epoxy ‘all seasons’ primer designed for the marine maintenance market. It was developed in response to demands for a reliable, user friendly and flexible coating for use in dry dock under all climate conditions. This new coating can be used on almost all vessel surfaces (above and below the waterline) and delivers:
- High surface tolerance – as this is a repair product, surfaces to be painted might not be in the best of conditions. HEMPADUR EASY 47700 can be applied to a variety of surfaces.
- Reliability across the temperature scale – HEMPADUR EASY 47700 can be applied at temperatures as low as minus 10°C/50°F and up to +40°C/104°F which allows it to be used in most dry docks and at most times of the year.
Aamodt said: “The coating required minimal expensive surface preparation and its fast drying and recoating time means that the vessel spend less time in dock. This saves money for the owner. On top of that, its wide application and all season use both for cold and hot humid climates are why we have called it EASY”.
Adapted from a press release by Emma McAleavey.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/26012015/hempel-tank-coatings-008/