TKK has launched a new range of Hydrocarbon Leak Sense Cables: FG-OD.
FG-OD Sense Cables are available in standard, pre-connected lengths (3 m, 7 m and 12 m), or cut to length reels (120 m or 360 m), allowing optimized system architecture.
The FG-OD cables are designed to be connected to TKK’s FG-NET touch screen digital panel. They are addressable, reusable and can detect multiple leaks over long line systems.
Coupled with FG-NET, FD-OD provides fully mapped, multiple simultaneous leak location across the network of protection cables together with an advanced alert, alarm and logging system.
Further features and benefits of the cables include:
- ATEX approved for Zone 0, Group IIB.
- Sense Cables can be cleaned and then reused/allows testing under real conditions.
- Quick detection times: Gasoline = 3 – 5 mins, diesel oil = 15 – 20 mins, jet fuels = shorter times than diesel oil.
- Reliable detection: insensitive to water, contaminants, dirt, external loads (pressure).
- Multiple leak detection and localization thanks to independent digital addressing enabled by an embedded microprocessor in each FG-OD Sense Cable.
- Simple to install and remove/change (‘plug and play’).
- The same digital panel can be connected to hydrocarbon water and acids/bases sense cables at the same time.
- Robust and unique TKK construction including proprietary silicone sensing wire, continuity wire, communication bus wire and power supply wires.
- Small in diameter (7 mm nominal) with protective external PE braid in an orange colour.
Adapted from a press release by Emma McAleavey.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/24032014/tkk_leak_detection28/