Honeywell has announced the newest release of its ControlEdge™ Programmable Logic Controller (PLC), which increases productivity and lowers total cost of ownership by offering enhanced connectivity options and engineering flexibility. Several new features of the PLC allow customers to choose from more third-party systems and field device options, as well as benefit from additional project design options.
“Honeywell is the first to provide a complete ecosystem including PLC, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA), and distributed control system (DCS) together,” said Andrew D’Amelio, General Manager and Vice President of HPS’ Process Measurement and Control business. “When used with Honeywell’s Experion® Process Knowledge System (PKS), ControlEdge PLC minimises downtime through unified support and lowers total cost of ownership by extending the system lifecycle.”
ControlEdge PLC incorporates the following new features to further reduce configuration, integration and support costs:
- Ethernet/IP server and client – Allows integration with a wide range of multivendor Ethernet/IP I/O modules, drives, devices and controllers.
- Serial Interface Module – Provides support for Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII and User Defined Protocols.
- Increased I/O options – Reduces cost and improves flexibility in system design.
- LEAP™ capabilities – LEAP reduces project risk by using lean execution. LEAP enhancements allow cloud enabled engineering through Honeywell’s Virtual Engineering Platform for simulation to support engineering, training, and testing without requiring hardware.
- Improved integration with Honeywell Experion PKS – Features native diagnostic displays for the new I/O modules and the Serial Interface Module.
ControlEdge PLC is used for general purpose automation in industries such as oil and gas, chemicals, refining, water, mining, food and beverage, infrastructure, cement and power generation. It is the first PLC to earn ISASecure Level 2 certification.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/15062018/honeywell-adds-new-connectivity-and-io-options-to-its-controledge-plc/