PipeLine Machinery International (PLM) has announced the release of the 71H pipelayer.
With the support of Caterpillar® and the engineering expertise of Vanguard Equipment Inc., the challenge was met to create a utility-capacity pipelayer inthe Tier 4 Interim/EU Stage IIIB class, designed for lifting 27 215 kg (60 000 lb) and engineered to meet the most exacting standards in the world.
- Standard electro-hydraulic tractor control, dedicated hydraulics, differential steering and machine control systems.
- Boom and hook draw works are driven by independent hydraulic winches.
- The compact design of the counterweight provides maximum lift capability and optimum weight distribution.
- The drawbar is able to accommodate a wide range of attachments.
- Roll Over Protection Structure (ROPS) and Quick Drop function on load line control.
- Heavy duty undercarriage.
- Standard 600 mm (23.6 in.) single grouser shoe, LGP configuration.
- Standard 6.1 m (20 ft) boom with large box section.
Edited from source by Elizabeth Corner
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/06062014/pipeline_product_news_june_plm_releases_new_pipelayer/