Skip to main content

End of April: Middle East and Asia news roundup

Hydrocarbon Engineering,


India

Numaligarh Refinery Limited (NRL) has signed an agreement with the Bank of India to finance capital projects. The contract is for US$ 90 million worth of investment and is the biggest financial deal at the plant since its inception in 2000.

Hindustan Petroleum Corp Ltd (HPCL) will be setting up an Rs 373 billion refinery and petrochemical facility with a joint venture company in Rajasthan. The facility is expected to have a processing capacity of 9 million tpy. HPCL will own 74% of the plant with the remaining 26% being owned by the Rajasthan government.

Iran

Research by IHS Fairplay has revealed that Iran is storing crude oil in off coast tankers. There are approximately 11 tankers at sea, 10 of which have an estimated capacity of 2 million bbls of crude.

Oman

A three yearly turnaround has been completed at the Sohar refinery and polypropylene plant owned by Orpic. Startup activities began on 26th April and will continue until approximately 10th May. The turnaround was part of the emissions reduction project that has been planned for the facility since 2011.

Qatar

A new diesel hydrotreater for the Laffan refinery 2 is expected to be ready in 2014. This investment is part of a multi partite deal between Total, Qatar Petroleum and other plant shareholders to carry out a full expansion at the facility by 2016. At the end of the expansion project the plant’s production capacity will have increased by 300 000 bpd.

Edited from various sources by Claira Lloyd.

Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/30042013/asia_middle_east_end_april-972/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):