The British Safety Council has named a number of oil and gas processing companies as International Safety Award Sector Winners.
The award winners were announced at the 2014 International Safety Awards Gala Dinner held at Grosvenor House, London on 25 April 2014.
The 12 sector awards went to:
- Charity – The Royal Society of Chemistry, Cambridge.
- Construction and property management – Powertech Engineering LLC, Oman.
- Education, health, housing, local government and public services – TTE Training Limited, Ellesmere Port.
- Energy generation and distribution and utilities, Wessex Water Operations, Bath.
- Financial, IT, legal, scientific and technical services – Telewings Communication Services, India.
- Food and drink – Morrison Bowmore Distillers Ltd, Glasgow.
- Hotel, catering and hospitality – Sodexo Remote Sites (Scotland) Limited, Aberdeen.
- Manufacturing – Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company, Bahrain.
- Oil, gas and mining – CAN Group, Aberdeen.
- Onshore major hazards – Kuwait National Petroleum Company, Mina Abdullah Refinery.
- Transport, distribution and motor trade – Unipart Group Ltd – Unipart Aftermarket Logistics.
- Wholesale and retail services – Burnt Tree Vehicle Rental Group Ltd, Shrewsbury.
Alex Botha, Chief Executive of the British Safety Council, commended the winners for maintaining high standards of health and safety in their workplaces: “I’d like to commend and encourage you, as you lead your organizations on this complex and challenging journey. Your efforts, our efforts to move closer to that vision, that no one should be injured or made ill at work, will not only save million of pounds for your companies, but will positively impact the lives of thousands of people”, he said.
Adapted from a press release by Emma McAleavey.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/29042014/british_safety_awards_434/