According to a new poll released by the API, strong bipartisan majorities of registered Alaska voters support increased production of US oil and natural gas.
Jack Gerard, President and CEO, API said, ‘today’s poll shows strong majorities of voters support more domestic oil and natural gas development, regardless of party affiliation. Perhaps more than any other state, Alaska understands the connection between access to energy resources and good public policy. Alaskans recognise the possibilities for America’s economic future. While the availability of affordable and reliable domestic energy creates opportunity, success depends on the policies created today.’
- 94% of registered Alaskan voters agree that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could lead to more jobs in the US.
- 92% said that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could help stimulate the economy.
- 91% said that it is important to produce more oil and natural gas domestically.
- 87% said that increased production of domestic oil and gas could help strengthen America’s energy security.
- 83% said that they support increased production of oil and natural gas resources located in the US.
- 77% said that producing more domestic oil and natural gas could help lower energy costs for consumers.
Adapted from press release by Claira Lloyd
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/28052014/api_shows_alaska_og_support/