Wärtsilä will showcase a portfolio of fuel flexibility, efficiency and environmental solutions for the merchant and offshore markets at Marintec China 2013. The company will display a range of products and solutions, with a focus on helping Chinese and global customers take advantage of the gas revolution, lower their operating costs through more efficient systems, and tackle tough environmental regulations with technologies that meet strict requirements.
The company’s portfolio of integrated systems and lifecycle solutions includes engines, ship design, generating sets, propulsion packages, auxiliary systems, inert gas systems, seals and bearings, pumps, valves, ballast water management, oil and gas systems, electrical and automation, and a wide range of services.
“Ship owners, operators and shipyards are continuously searching for the most cost-effective solutions for new-buildings and retrofits. Wärtsilä’s immense range of technologically advanced products and smarter solutions enables us collaborate closely with our customers to meet the challenges facing the industry head-on,” commented Hans Laheij, sales director for Wärtsilä Ship Power.
“Chinese shipyards have managed to reverse the 2012 trend and are seeing an increase in the volume of orders. With our footprint in China, which includes over 2000 employees, multiple service centres, and many years of manufacturing through fully-owned companies, licensees and joint ventures, Wärtsilä is fully committed to the Chinese market, and is well-positioned to serve the world's largest shipbuilding market”, Laheij added.
Wärtsilä Ship Power experts discuss topics in the following areas:
- Environmental excellence and compliance
- Gas and fuel flexibility
- Seals and bearings solutions
- Optimising lifecycle value
The following Wärtsilä models will be on display:
- The WSD 1000 MPSV, a ship with a unique, fuel-efficient design, proven hull lines and an integrated equipment package.
- The Wärtsilä Control & Communication Centre (3C), an intelligent integration platform for all crucial onboard systems with flexibility to all types of vessels within the shipping industry.
- Wärtsilä seals, bearings and stern tubes, showcasing reliable, innovative, environmentally compliant and longer lasting solutions.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/27112013/marintec_china_showcase_367/