Aimed at both manufacturers and operators of equipment in the intermodal industry, the Lloyd’s Register Container Certification Scheme (LRCCS) provides the industry with the very latest requirements for the design, inspection and certification for three main service areas of intermodal equipment:
- CSC containers.
- Offshore containers.
- Tanks for the transport of dangerous goods.
The latest scheme updates from Lloyd’s Register Energy help both manufacturers and operators to measure their container equipment against all appropriate state and local regulations and standards using just one, single scheme rather than multiple schemes. Container surveyors across the world use the LRCCS in their daily work.
The 2015 LRCCS contains several updates as a result of regulatory changes with CSC, as well as updates for ADR/RID/IMDG, and an updated inspection manual. These changes include:
- Test information relating to updates for CSC and ISO 1496.
- Updates for offshore containers with a focus on an inspection criteria for the frame in service.
- A list of all relevant multimodal/intermodal standards.
- A revamped inspection manual, providing clarity for the inspection and certification of multimodal equipment.
Lloyd’s Register Energy has all its in service inspection procedures for offshore containers publicly available to provide inspection criteria for the structural integrity of both offshore and onshore containers. Click here for more information.
Adapted from press release by Rosalie Starling
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/25032015/lloyds-register-launches-container-certification-scheme-2015-/