Maas Companies is to auction a surplus 3.2 million gal./y biodiesel equipment package on 17th April 2014, via a timed online auction ending at 4pm.
The equipment is surplus to ongoing operations of the Farmers Union Marketing and Processing Association (FUMPA) Biofuels. FUMPA is a 75 year old farmer owned cooperative. The facility is one of the first commercial scale biodiesel plants to meet renewable fuel standards.
The plant was designed by Lurgi PASI Inc. Equipment includes:
- Lurgi 3.2 million gal./y biodisel process skid with Southern Exchanger Corp. methanol recovery column.
- Baltimore Aircoil cooling tower unit.
- Glycerin tank/filter skid/controls.
- Water treatment tank.
- Chemical pumps.
- Palmer 10 000 gal. methanol storage tank.
- Palmer 15 000 gal. methyl ester tank.
- 11 Allen Bradley Centreline-Intellicenter motor control centres.
- Computer control equipment and software.
- Silent Knight carbon dioxide fire suppression system.
The equipment package additionally incorporates proof of capability RFS-2 (EPA), schematics, manuals, BQ-9000 program documentation, RFS-2 audit compliance documentation and lab equipment.
Adapted from a press release by Emma McAleavey.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/21032014/surplus_equipment_auction_297/