Skip to main content

The Middle East: Mid December update

Hydrocarbon Engineering,


Iran

The Abadan refinery will increase its output of gasoline by January 20th 2012. The facility will increase production by 12600 bbls.

Iraq

The Shaw Group Inc. has been awarded a contract by South Refineries Company. The contract is for the feasibility study and subsequent rehabilitation of a refinery in Basra. Shaw will assess the 140 000 bpd facility and decide how much engineering, equipment supply and construction service will need to be needed in order to get the facility back online.

Pakistan

A refinery is to be relocated from Italy to Port Qasim at the cost of US$ 700 million. It is expected that the project will take up to 27 months to complete.

Qatar

Qatar Petroleum and Shell are going to construct a petrochemical complex in the Ras Laffan Industrial City. Qatar Petroleum will own 80% of the complex and the remaining 20% will be in the possession of Shell.

Saudi Arabia

Prince Faisal Bin Turki, at the Gulf Petrochemcials and Chemicals Association forum, held in Dubai this week stated that Saudi Arabia’s petrochemical industry is in a ‘golden era’. It is predicted that the country’s petrochemical industry will attract US$ 150 billion of investment by 2016. The industry is expecting to be producing 100 million tpy of petrochemicals, chemicals and polymers by 2016 also.

Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/20122011/downstream_news_33_from_the_middle_east/


 

Embed article link: (copy the HTML code below):