Deputy Prime Minister of the Russian Federation, Arkady Dvorkovich, has confirmed that the 21st World Petroleum Congress will be held in Moscow from 15 – 19 June 2014.
Global oil and gas event
The congress will be the largest international event in the global oil and gas industries. Confirmed speakers include:
- HE Ali Al Naimi, the Minister of Energy and Natural Resources of Saudi Arabia
- Rex Tillerson, Chairman of the Board of Directors at Exxon Mobil Corporation
- HE Abdalla Salem El-Badri, the OPEC Secretary General
- Robert Dudley, Chairman of the Board, BP
- Maria van der Hoeven, the Executive Director of the IEA
- Dr. Daniel Yergin, Vice Chairman, IHS
- Over 500 other industry leaders and decision makers.
The recent geopolitical situation in Ukraine, including sanctions and other macroeconomic and political factors, could have a strong impact on the world’s oil and gas markets. Although they do not adversely affect the Congress itself under the current scenarios, important discussions on the development of the entire energy sector and wide-ranging industry announcements are expected to take place at the Congress.
According to data from the Federal Customs Service, Russia exported 207 million t of oil and 141 million t of petroleum products outside the CIS in 2013. The majority of Russian oil exports went to Europe.
In 2013, Europe imported approximately 10 million bpd of oil, 3.5 million of which came from Russia. The total consumption of Russian oil and petroleum products in the EU is approximately 40%.
World Petroleum Exhibition
It is expected that more than 5000 delegates will attend the 21st World Petroleum Congress from 100 countries. The World Petroleum Exhibition will be held alongside the Congress at Crocus Expo and will gather more than 500 exhibiting companies under one roof.
Adapted from press release by Katie Woodward
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/18042014/21st_world_petroleum_congress_in_moscow/