Dresser-Rand was recently selected as one of America’s Safest Companies by EHS Today magazine and a winner of the 2013 Southwest Oil & Gas Award. Both awards featured several of Dress-Rand’s Health, Safety and Environmental programs and initiatives.
Of 100 applications, EHS selected 16 companies that provide a safe working environment for thousands of employees and serve as a reference point for companies hoping to achieve world class safety status. The award was founded in 2002. Since then, more than 150 companies have been recognised for their excellence in integrating safety into their corporate culture and for their safety metrics being significantly better than their industry averages.
To be considered one of America’s safest companies, companies must demonstrate transformational EHS leadership in the form of;
- Support from management and employee involvement.
- Innovative solutions to safety challenges.
- Injury and illness rates significantly lower than the average for their industry.
- Comprehensive training programs.
- Evidence that prevention of incidents is the cornerstone of the safety process.
- Excellent communication internally and externally about the value of safety.
- A way to substantiate the benefits of the safety process.
Dresser-Rand was also awarded the 2013 Southwest Oil & Gas Health and Safety Award. The awards celebrate the positive contributions made by upstream and midstream sector companies of the oil and gas industry in the areas of health and safety, environmental stewardship and corporate responsibility. The judges reviewed more than 400 entries and selected 67 finalists. Dresser-Rand was one of four finalists.
Adapted from a press release by Claira Lloyd.
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/14012014/dresser_rand_safety_awards44/