According to a new poll released by the North Carolina Petroleum Council (NCPC), strong bipartisan of registered North Carolina voters support increased production of US oil and natural gas.
David McGowan, executive director, NCPC said ‘strong majorities of North Carolina voters support more domestic oil and natural gas development, regardless of party affiliation. Forward looking policies that allow the US to capitalise on its bright energy future are imperative to realise its job creation and economic potential. The people of North Carolina get it; America’s economic future, the availability of affordable and reliable energy, depends on the policies created today.’
Poll key findings
- 91% of respondents said that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could lead to more jobs in the US, with broad agreement across the political spectrum.
- 90% said that increased development of the country’s energy infrastructure is good for American consumers.
- 89% of respondents said that increased production of domestic oil and natural gas resources could help stimulate the economy.
- 87% said that increased development of the country’s energy infrastructure would help strengthen America’s energy security.
- 81% said that producing more domestic oil and natural gas could benefit federal and state budgets through leases payments, royalty fees and other sources of revenue.
- 73% said that they support offshore drilling for domestic oil and natural gas resources.
Adapted from press release by Claira Lloyd
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/10062014/north_carolina_supports_oil_gas_investment/