ValvTechnologies, Inc., manufacturer of zero-leakage severe service isolation valve solutions, has announced that Donald Polasek, North American Service Manager, has accepted the position of board member for the Valve Repair Council. The company has also announced the appointment of Kenny Gorman as Industry Director for the company’s Mining and Minerals division.
Newest member of the Valve Repair Council Board named
Founded in 1989, member companies of the Valve Manufacturers Association of America (VMA) saw a need to promote both safety and quality in valve and actuator repair. As a result, the service operations of VMA members banded together to create the Valve Repair Council (VRC).
“My first involvement with the VRC began in the 1990s and since that time I have grown in my appreciation for the value the organization offers,” said Polasek. “Having served two previous terms on the board in past years I am honored to once again be selected for a third tenure on the board of directors and look forward to being a part of driving continued value to the VRC members.”
The VRC was formed to provide all qualified repairers and rebuilders of flow control equipment – who are repairing to OEM specification – with a means to meet the following objectives:
- To promote safety through proper repair and rebuild.
- To establish and promulgate guidelines for proper repair and service.
- To educate manufacturers, rebuilders and customers on the importance of proper service and the dangers inherent in substandard service.
- To publish a list of members’ qualified service facilities for the benefit of end-users.
- To provide a forum for the legal exchange of information that will advance the quality and integrity of service.
- To promote open discussion among OEMs, repair shops and users on problems relating to maintenance and repair.
- To cooperate with standards’ development bodies and regulatory agencies in the development of appropriate standards and regulations pertaining to service.
ValvTechnologies names new Industry Director, Mining and Minerals
Based in the United Kingdom, Gorman will have global management responsibility for ValvTechnologies’ mining group and sales activities worldwide as well as responsibility to develop long term strategies for business growth and customer performance in the global severe service mining marketplace. ValvTechnologies provides the best technical flow solutions to clients in the global mining and minerals industry and Gorman’s charter is to grow this business through deep customer relationships and differentiating application solutions.
Gorman has more than 20 years’ experience in engineered equipment strategic leadership, business development and operations. Previously he served as Mining Sales Director for Howden Group Ltd, Global Mining Director for KSB – GIW Minerals and Managing Director for KSB – Rotary Equipment Services Ltd. Additionally Gorman spent more than 20 years in various roles at Weir Pumps Ltd in engineering, project management and general manager positions.
Gorman graduated from the University of Paisley with a BSc Quality Management & Technology degree as well as earned an HNC Mechanical Engineering from Stow College.
ValvTechnologies’ President, Kevin Hunt, commented, “Kenny’s deep industry knowledge, passion for customers and global business experience make him an excellent fit for this critical executive role."
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/06102016/new-appointments-at-valvtechnologies/