ITW was founded in 1999 by transformation of MEG S.r.l., a company operating in the field of applied research, to implement the technologies developed by MEG and used in various industrial sectors.
All ITW technologies are covered by various patents. Among the patents owned by ITW include those that are of interest in the field of refining and petrochemicals:
- Additives for the stabilisation of asphaltenes
- Additives for the reduction of residual carbonaceous fuels
- Additives for the reduction of noxious emissions and particulates in gas oils
- Additives for the reduction of particulates in flue gas
- Process and additives to reduce corrosion, scale, fouling and biofouling of seawater
- Process and sorbents for reducing emissions of SOx, NOx, CO2 in flue gas
- Process and additives for reducing the solubilisation of organic compounds in water
- Additives for reducing the deposition of coke on catalyst
- Additives for increasing yields of petroleum distillation processes
- Additives for the reduction of fouling in petroleum processes
- Process and additives for solubilisation of hydrocarbons in water
- Continuous analyser of salts in crude
In the past ITW / MEG philosophy has been to license out its technology to several companies operating in the refining and petrochemical industry. However, given our advanced and unique technology, ITW determined to expand our business by directly providing the supply of specialty chemicals, organising itself so as to provide the technical assistance necessary for the achievement and maintenance of the expected results.
Following the development of a powerful technology for asphaltene stabilisation, ITW then became an operating company in the field of remediation and industrial cleaning. This technology was first used for cleaning heavily contaminated tanks containing large quantities of sludge, tar, and coke-like material. Further developments of the technology have resulted in plant and equipment cleaning applications.
The development of these unique technologies, such as ITW’s Online Cleaning and Improved Degassing/Decontamination, have placed ITW on the world stage of industrial cleaning in the field of commercial cleaning and turnaround work.