Drawing on its HP/Agilent heritage in optical testing, together with its unique code-correlation OTDR technology, AP Sensing has announced its new Distributed Temperature Sensing (DTS) instruments capable of monitoring extremely long distances.
Applications such as the temperature monitoring of underground and subsea power cables, and pipeline leakage detection can now realise greater ranges and efficiency improvements.
AP Sensing has also expanded its portfolio to include singlemode optical fibres. Which are particularly useful when installing a DTS system onto a completed line that already deploys singlemode fibres.
- Up to 40 km of coverage with a single DTS device, with unparalleled temperature accuracy (it is possible to monitor 160 km with three devices).
- Virtually unlimited distances by daisy-chaining DTS units with another.
- Both singlemode and multimode fibres can be monitored.
- Different housing models are available to fit the installation’s requirements (rack-mounted and rugged outdoor housing).
AP Sensing’s new DTS solutions are especially well-suited to the following applications:
- Underground power cables.
- Subsea cables.
- Overhead lines.
- Oil and gas pipelines.
- Heated pipelines.
With its experienced, multilingual project engineering team, industry-leading support and training offers, and a worldwide network of regional expert partners, AP Sensing is a competent partner for all of small and large infrastructure projects.
Edited by Callum O'Reilly
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/product-news/21052014/ap_sensing_introduces_dts_instruments_542/