Dresser-Rand Group Inc. has published its sixth annual Corporate Sustainability Report, which highlights key accomplishments in 2014 by the company, its employees and products that made positive impacts on the environment and society.
The report, Creating Value and a Sustainable Future with the Power of People, remains focused on three intersecting areas of sustainability – the environment, society and governance.
From an environmental standpoint, the report features examples of waste minimisation and recycling projects at various Dresser-Rand facilities in addition to new products developed specifically to help efficiency at clients’ operations.
The report highlights numerous examples of employees acting as role models for future generations in society, including: involvement in community outreach, the creation of a positive and safe workplace environment, and the advancement of the company’s commitment to education in local communities.
Governance sets the tone and focus of Dresser-Rand’s sustainability initiatives for the entire company through commitments to ethics, human rights, minerals compliance, succession, compliance training, and more.
“We have a fantastic team of employees here at Dresser-Rand—engineers, scientists, machinists, sales people, accountants, managers, and a myriad of skilled and dedicated folks who support both our new unit business and installed equipment at our clients’ sites,” said Vincent R. Volpe Jr., Dresser-Rand’s president and CEO. “I’m proud of this team and the work they do, from designing and building some of the most efficient, environmentally sustainable equipment, to their work in the communities.”
Some of Dresser-Rand’s performance highlights in 2014 include:
- The recognition of its Santa Bárbara facility as one of the best companies to work for in Brazil.
- The implementation of an improved hazard identification and risk assessment process.
- Being selected by BP to help coordinate a safety workshop because it has one of the best safety records in the industry.
- The successful test and launch of its Echogen® waste heat recovery system.
- The launch of the new “D-R You” platform for employee training to help better monitor mandatory training on compliance, safety, environment, the code of conduct, discrimination, and other governance issues.
- Scholarship programmes at various local universities and educational institutions.
In determining the scope of this report, the Company looked at the best practices in reporting and is pleased to be reporting at level B, according to the Global Reporting Initiative G3.1 Guidelines. The Report outlines progress the Dresser-Rand made on its 2014 sustainability commitments and the 15 goals established for 2015.
Dresser-Rand's goal is to provide a balanced view of the key issues the company faces and outline the major achievements it made that affect Dresser-Rand stakeholders across environmental, societal and governance areas.
Edited from source by Elizabeth Corner
Read the article online at: https://www.hydrocarbonengineering.com/gas-processing/14052015/dresser-rand-releases-2014-csr/