Practical Distillation Technology
This event expired on the 11 September 2019. Click to view the latest Hydrocarbon events.
Led by noted distillation expert, Henry Kister, this popular course gives comprehensive coverage of distillation technology with particular emphasis on the problems that occur and how to solve them. It provides an excellent opportunity to develop a working knowledge of key techniques that can promote trouble-free operation and reduce distillation cost.
- how to troubleshoot a distillation column and determine what may cause poor performance
- how to evaluate existing column performance and develop new designs
- how to avoid common causes of capacity bottlenecks, tray damage, downcomer sealing problems, packed tower distributor malfunctions and many other operating difficulties
- how to de-bottleneck a column to improve capacity and/or separation
- how to control and operate a distillation column
- how to validate your tower simulation.
Who will benefit
Engineering and supervisory personnel who are involved in:
- starting up distillation processes.